By Mary : A how to tutorial about Motorola Droid X pros, Motorola Droid X cons, Motorola Droid X applications, Product Reviews with step by step guide from Mary.
What was included in the box:
1. Motorola Droid X
2. Standard Lithium Ion Battery (1540 mAh)
3. Micro USB Wall Charger with Detachable USB Cable
4. 16GB SanDisk MicroSD Memory Card
5. Getting Started Brochure
6. Product Safety & Warranty Brochure
1. The screen is massive and vibrant.
2. High resolution screen with vivid colors.
3. The phone is light and thin.
4. The phone is sturdy and well built.
5. High quality speaker phone (similar to my Storm 2).
6. The phone’s battery life was not good (this was fixed after Verizon Update 1.13.604 was released on July 19) .
7. I am happy to report that I have not had any of the problems that a small group of people have had (screen problems, dead pixels, etc. etc.).
1. Reception is amazing on the Droid X. I tested it in a known dead zone (my Storm 2 and my dad’s Motorola V750 Adventure are) inside of the restaurant where we take our tour guests for lunch. The phone was able to dial out, hold a conversation, and not drop the call or become garbled. I do not have 3G inside, though (it was 1X the whole time).
2. The Droid X is light, thin, and fits great in my pocket and hands.
3. The screen is amazing. The size is outstanding for watching videos, browsing the internet, and just all around everyday use.
4. After Verizon update 1.13.604 was released earlier this week, my battery life has increased almost 25%. At the end of the day, I have 60% battery life left (when it is fully charged at the beginning of the day) with my weather being updated every 15 minutes, and my Gmail being synched instantly. I used to have between 35-40% battery life left at the end of the day (off the charger at 7:30 am and back on the charger at 5 pm). The battery life is better than my Storm 2 used to be with the extended battery. I still may purchase the extended battery when they are released in August (that is the estimated availability as of now).
5. The camera quality is excellent. I like the fact that the Droid X has a built-in LED flash.
6. The virtual keyboard is outstanding. This is by far the best virtual keyboard that I have ever used.
1. The battery was draining fairly quickly (this was fixed after not constantly playing with it, and especially after the Verizon update 1.13.604 was released earlier this week).
Third party applications installed:
1. Advanced Task Killer
2. AppBrain App Market
3. Battery Left Widget
4. Barcode Scanner
5. GPS Status
6. TV Guide Mobile
8. FlightStats for Android
9. TIKL – Touch to Talk
10. IMDB Movies & TV
11. Zedge Ringtones & Wallpaper
14. ShopSavvy Barcode Scanner
16. Digital Clock Widget
17. Battery Widget
18. Speedtest.net Speed Test (Ookla)
19. FCC Mobile Broadband Test (Ookla)
20. Google Sky Map
21. My-Cast Weather
22. Dolphin Browser HD
23. Pandora Radio
24. Shazam Encore
25. SlingPlayer Mobile
26. The Weather Channel
27. Facebook for Android
Accessories that I purchased:
1. HDMI Cable
2. HDMI Multimedia Desktop Charger Station
3. Black Carbon Fiber Wrapped Cover
4. Anti-Glare Display Protector (3 Pack)
5. SanDisk 32GB MicroSD Memory Card with SD Adapter and Microreader
Was this helpful? 1 0 1 Comments
More answers and tutorials come with rich photos, detailed steps related to A list of pros and cons of the Motorola Droid X.
You are reading A list of pros and cons of the Motorola Droid X.
Top Trends in Product Reviews
Do you like it? Share with friends!