By dexterhan : A how to tutorial about Civilization V crashes PS3 fix, Civilization V crashes Xbox fix, Civilization V crashes PC fix, Gaming with step by step guide from dexterhan.
Civilization V Crashes PC Fixes 1: Civilization V Crashes and Poor Performance on ATI Cards
It is highly recommended that you have the latest Catalyst drivers for your card. Download and install the latest v1.52 patch if you are having initialization issues with your ATI Graphics Card.
Civilization V Crashes PC Fixes 2: Civilization V Crashes on Startup, Skip Intro Movie
If your game keeps on crashing at the initial stages of the game like the start up screen or the first loading screen, you may want to try following workarounds.
1. Go to “My DocumentsMy GamesSid Meiers Civilization 5”
and open usersettings.ini in Notepad. About 15 lines down you will find “SkipIntroVideo = 0″. Make this value 1. This will skip the intro video and you will be directly enter to the game menu. Again, make sure that you have the latest drivers and you reboot the PC after driver install and editing the ini file.
2. Navigate to Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier’s Civilization V/DirectX
and run Dxsetup.exe. if you are using Dx10/11, try running the game using DirectX 9 also upgrade your DirectX drivers.
Civilization V Crashes PC Fixes 3: Civilization V Crashes on Large Maps
It is most probably due to the fact that you have LOW memory (RAM). You can avoid crashes by terminating other process that might be consuming your memory.
Civilization V Crashes PC Fixes 4: Civilization 5 (Civ V) PC crashes / freezes / keeps crashing / crashes to desktop (CTD) or won’t start after opening video, cinematics, movie or during startup / upon launch
Civilization V Crashes on PC Possible Solution 4.1:
Reinstall the DirectX file by enabling administrative privileges and going to Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier’s Civilization V/DirectX and run Dxsetup.exe
Civilization V Crashes on PC Possible Solution 4.2:
Here is what I did to get my game to working (somewhat):
* In the Logs folder underneath Steam/steamapps/common/sid meier’s civilization v/ there is database.log which has errors like “invalid foreign key constraint”
* DX10/DX11 crashes right away
* DX9 loads the intro video and then crashes
Steps to fix it
* I went to GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini in DocumentsMy Gamessid meier’s civilization 5 and changed fullscreen mode to 0
* Deleted all the *.db files in the cache folder
* Restarted Civ5 DX9 and voila, it works in windowed mode.
Civilization V Crashes on PC Possible Solution 4.3:
Install the latest Nvidia or Ati video card drivers and update your operating system
Civilization V Crashes on PC Possible Solution 4.4:
Skip the into video by changing the SkipIntroVideo = 0 to = 1 in the usersettings.ini notepad file with the Sid Meier’s Civilization 5 folder. If that’s doesn’t work then try launch Civ 5 in directx 9 mode.
Civilization V Crashes on PC Possible Solution 4.5:
By making another Windows account with PURE ENGLISH NAME as an administrator –> log off -> log in to the new account and running the steam and the game did the trick for me.
If you don’t want to create another Windows account you can change the path to your My Documents folder to one that doesn’t contain accented characters by following the steps listed by Azure_One:
You might want to back up the contents of your My Documents folder before doing this. I’ve done it several times without losing anything, but best be safe.
1. Create a new folder that doesn’t contain any international characters and isn’t located inside another folder that does. I used “C:DocuTemp”
2. Click Start and click the bold user name at the top of the right column in the Start menu. This opens your profile folder.
3. Right-click the icon for the Documents folder and choose Properties.
4. On the Location tab, click the Move button.
5. Find and select the folder you created.
6. Click OK
Civilization V Crashes PC Fixes 5: Civilization 5 (Civ V) PC crashes to desktop / keeps crashing during the start of the game introduction about creating a world
Turn down the fog of war settings from high to medium or low
Civilization V Crashes PC Fixes 6: Civilization 5 (Civ V) PC crashes / keeps crashing when trying to create a new game
This should work for ANYONE WHO IS GETTING STUCK WHEN CREATING A NEW GAME / CRASH DURING THE SPEECH. ctrl+alt+delete -> System processes -> Civ5 (make sure u have the game running) -> right click, set priority -REALTIME- Im on turn 180 somethin with no problem.
Civilization V Crashes PC Fixes 7:Civilization 5 (Civ V) PC crashes / freezes when playing on a Huge / Large Map
Lower your graphics / video settings
Click Here to See:How to Fix Sid Meier's Civilization V Freezes on PC
Was this helpful? 1 1 1 Comments
More answers and tutorials come with rich photos, detailed steps related to How to Fix Sid Meier's Civilization V Crashes on PC.
You are reading How to Fix Sid Meier's Civilization V Crashes on PC.
Top Trends in Gaming
Do you like it? Share with friends!